Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Man Who Walked Between the Towers

The Man Who Walked Between the Towers was written by Mordicai Gerstein and was was quick and easy to read.  Unfortunately, I did not enjoy it.  It may not be that the book itself was not enjoyable, I just could not get passed the fact that I had watched a documentary about the event depicted in this book and was bored out of my mind.  The pictures are colorful and give you a good idea of the amazing feat performed by Philippe.  It is a fun story that will help give children a history about the towers - something exciting, but not terrifying.  It might be a good way to remember the towers in a positive way and use it as an introduction to a discussion about 9-11.

I know we will discuss this book more in class.  I'm looking forward to hearing the input from my professor and classmates.  I'm finding it difficult to write more; however, once I am able to discuss this book more with others I'll see if my opinion changes and will update this entry.

No comments: